[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News!

Kerry Antunes heminfo at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 14 14:25:08 EDT 2007

*Hello ALL!

We have a full plate of information so keep reading!!!!!! As always we
always welcome feedback on how to make the recreation experience a good
one! Thanks

        Facility Information*:

          o Fall hours for all recreation facilities have been updated
            on the website. Please visit the following link:
            http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=694137
            <http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=694137>

        * Blodgett Pool Upcoming Closings:
              o September 20^th Thursday -- No Evening Recreation swim
              o October 13^th Saturday -- All day no Recreation swim
              o October 18^th Thursday -- No Evening Recreation swim
              o October 25^th Thursday -- No Evening Recreation swim
              o November 16,17,18, Pool Closed. WaterPolo Easterns
                    + _For Pool Related Questions please email Shaun
                      Harrington: sharring at fas.harvard.edu
                      <mailto:sharring at fas.harvard.edu>._

        * Please note that Saturday September 22nd is the first Football
          Game of the season, so there will be charged parking that day.

        * MAC Renovation is still on schedule - we are anticipating a
          late October, early November opening!

    *Recreation Classes Information:*

        * Early Bird Registration is ALL DAY on Monday September 17th
          until 6:30PM. Early Bird Rate is $70 for the full year. After
          6:30PM on Monday the full year rate is $80 for the year.

        * View the New Fall schedule at gocrimson.com.

        * Harvard Slim Down is back by popular demand (formerly Summer
          Slim Down) and it's better than ever!  If you've tried to lose
          weight in the past and failed, or failed to keep the weight
          off, Slim Down may be your solution!  Registration begins
          Thursday Sept. 13th.  Check the website for more details!
          http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=655091
          <http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=655091>

        * Specialty class registration begins Thursday Sept 13th.  We
          have so many fun Specialty classes, including Hip Hop, Swing
          Dance, Operation: Strappy Dress, EXTREME Outdoor Bootcamp,
          Cardio-Salsa (NEW!), and so much more!  Check the website for
          details!
          https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&ATCLID=644653
          <https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&ATCLID=644653>

        * Get a preview of 2 amazing Specialty classes, for FREE!!! Come
          relieve some stress and shake your groove thing with
          Cardio-Salsa & Balletone.  It's a dance party!  Wednesday
          September 26th from 6:00-6:55 pm.  No reservation necessary.
          Just pick up a class pass at the front desk and get ready to
          party!

    * It's a great time to exercise outdoors.  Fall in Cambridge is the
      most beautiful season!  Enjoy the outdoors and get your cardio
      exercise at the same time with Nordic Walking.  Classes will be
      held Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 12:15 - 1:10 pm (the
      perfect way to spend your lunch-hour!).  PLUS we've added a new
      90-minute Nordic Walking Endurance class on Wednesday evenings
      5:30-7:00 pm.  Classes begin Monday 9/19.  Details on the web!
      http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=655091
      <http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9000&KEY=&ATCLID=655091>

*Programs
*

    * September Member Appreciation Day* *- "The Benefits of Massage"
          o Wednesday September 26th 4:30PM-6:30PM
          o Free chair massages
          o Learn how to relax and live life stress-free!

    * Massage comes to Hemenway!
          o Thursdays 5:30-7:30pm On-site Massage Therapy 10 minutes for $10
          o A perfect reward for yourself.  An excellent motivator to
            stop in the gym. Treat yourself to a soothing 10 minute
            relaxation experience before or after
            your work-out OR even if you don't have time for a work-out
            stop in for a relaxation break!

    * Fall Recreation Road Race!
          o I have attached the flyer for you to fill out.
          o  Please feel free to fill it out and return it to Shaun
            Harrington: sharring at fas.harvard.edu
            <mailto:sharring at fas.harvard.edu>.

--
Kerry Antunes