[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News

heminfo heminfo at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 12 15:56:41 EDT 2009

Here is your most current Recreation News!
*_
IMPORTANT INFORMATION_*

    * *_GOCRIMSON.COM WEBSITE_
      *
          o PLEASE be patient with our site as it it under construction.
            The new site should be up & running by the end of the summer!

    * _*IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE RECREATION CENTERS EFFECTIVE JULY 1ST!*_
          o Hemenway & Malkin will no longer provide community
            headphones for rental. Headphones will be available for
            purchase for a cost of $5.
          o To accommodate all activities for the summer, we will no
            longer be accepting reservations for the gym floor.  Open
            times (non-class times) will be limited to recreation
            basketball only. Moving forward, all squash court
            reservations will be done in person at the Hemenway
            Gymnasium. The sign up sheets will be kept at the front
            desk and will be monitored by the staff.  The reservation
            guidelines will apply.
          o There will no longer be a phone line to call into the front
            desk of Hemenway or Malkin. The line will be used for
            operational information only.
          o Class Access must be purchased online with membership. If
            you wish to attend a class without purchasing membership, a
            $10 non-refundable fee will be expected at the time of your
            visit.
          o Hairdryers will no longer be available for rental at the
            front desk, however hairdryers will be installed in and
            around both locker rooms for member use.

    * _*FACILITY STAFFING*_
          o Please be patient with our customer service staff as we are
            reducing staff hours. We will continue to strive to provide
            the best service possibly but we just ask for your patience
            during peak times in the facility. THANK YOU!!!

*_FACILITY INFORMATION_*

    * _*Upcoming Blodgett Closings:*_
          o Wednesday, August 12 - Friday, August 14 / 10:30am - 10:30pm
          o Saturday, August 15 - Sunday, August 16/ 12pm - 6pm
          o Monday August 17 - Thursday, August 20 / 10:30 am - 10:30pm
          o Friday, August 21 / 12pm - 2pm & 5pm - 10:30pm

    * Please contact Gary Brown (gbrown at fas.harvard.edu) for any pool
      questions.

    * _*FACEBOOK*_

            Harvard Recreation has been added to Facebook! Become a Fan of 'Harvard Recreation' and get up to date information on hours, classes, closures, excursions and events. Search Harvard Recreation or click the following:http://tinyurl.com/mchgdz

*_PROGRAMS_
*
*_Group Exercise Classes
_*

    * Fall Group Exercise Classes will begin Monday September 14th. Stay
      tuned for schedule details!

On a personal side note this will be my LAST email. I will be leaving
Harvard University and moving to the west coast. Cristina Hoff, our
Fitness Manager at Hemenway,  will be taking over the mass email once I
am gone. Thank you so much for making my time at Harvard an amazing and
memorable experience.

Thanks all!!

Kerry

--