[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News
hemfit at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 21 13:49:37 EDT 2009
Here is your most current Recreation News!
Visit the new site by going to:
* *_Blodgett Pool will be closed for recreational swim on Saturday,
October 24th. It will be open Sunday, October 25th from 12-6pm.
* Please contact George at macmast at fas.harvard.edu with any questions.
* The Murr Center will be closed on Saturday, October 24th for the
home football game.
* For current facility hours and special closings for *October &
November* please go to
* *SQUASH RESERVATIONS: *In the beginning of November we are
implementing a new online reservation system for squash at
Hemenway Gymnasium. Additional information about the new system
will be available soon.
* Fall Group Exercise Classes are now in session at the MAC and
Hemenway Gymnasium. Both schedules are now available online at
o *Please note the following dates when GX classes will not be
held in November:
+ *_MAC_: *No classes Wednesday, 11/11 or Wednesday
11/25-Sunday 11/29. *
+ *_HEMENWAY_: *No classes Wednesday, 11/11 or Thursday,
11/26-Sunday, 11/29. *
+ *HEMENWAY: *On Wednesday, 11/25 only morning classes
including 7:00 IC, 7:15am Mat Pilates & 8:30am Vinyasa
Yoga will be held at Hemenway. *All GX classes
beginning after 11:00am are canceled.
* *_Thriller Dance Workshop_: *Have you always wanted to learn the
famous dance moves from Michael Jackson's Thriller Video?
Join in the fun on Wednesday, October 28th in the MAC Mezzanine
from 4:30-5:25pm. Please register at the front desk of the MAC or
Hemenway by Wednesday, October 28th. /Space is limited so sign up
early! /There is a $5.00 registration fee per person. Please
contact Cristina Hoff at hemfit at fas.harvard.edu with any
* _*Strength Training Orientations:*_ Looking for an efficient
workout? Sign up for a Strength Training Orientation! A Personal
Trainer will lead each 45-minute group session will teach you how
to use the weight machines in the express circuit, along with
basic use of cardio machines. Each participant will receive a
strength worksheet. There is a $5.00 fee for the orientation and
pre-registration is required. Sign up at the front desk at least
24 hours in advance. Orientations with less than 3 participants
enrolled with be canceled due to low enrollment.
* *_Upcoming Strength Training Orientations at Hemenway_*
* Wednesday, November 4th: 12:00-12:45pm
* Tuesday, Novembr 10th 5:30-6:15pm
Please contact Kerry Smith at ptrainer at fas.harvard.edu
<mailto:ptrainer at fas.harvard.edu> with any questions.
*_Upcoming Strength Training Orientations at the MAC_*
* Wednesday, November 4th 5:00-5:45pm
* Tuesday, November 10th 12:30-1:15pm
* Please contact Kate Doherty at fitness at fas.harvard.edu
<mailto:fitness at fas.harvard.edu> with any questions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Athleticfacilitymembers-list