[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News 1.13.12

Kerry Antunes hemtrain at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 13 11:04:40 EST 2012

Happy 2012 and WELCOME BACK!!!! Here's what's new with Harvard Recreation & Wellness.

FACILITY HOURS

 *   Facility hours for the Spring semester are available at http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/hours Please be sure to check out the schedule for updates for ALL facilities.

MEMBERSHIP

 *   Memberships for the academic year and fall semester are now on sale online and in person. For additional information please contact Kristin LeBel amembers at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:amembers at fas.harvard.edu>.
 *   To renew your locker at Blodgett, please visit the Murr Center Conditioning Room front desk between 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday, or contact Casey Blodget at caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>.

SPECIAL EVENTS
J-TERM WINTER PROGRAMMING

*         J-Term winter programming is BIG this year. Highlighted events include Optimal Health at Harvard and The Biggest Loser motivational talk.

o   Optimal Health Tuesday January 17th 2-5pm @ Fong Auditorium

o   Biggest Loser Motivational Speakers Thursday January 19th 5-7pm @ MAC followed with a reception at Tommy Doyle's (7:30-9pm)

*         For information on all of the J-Term events please visit http://recreation.gocrimson.com/wintersession.

PROGRAMS
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES

 *   The Spring 2012 Group Exercise Schedules will run from January 23rd - May 13th . The schedules can be viewed on our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/schedules

SPECIALTY CLASSES

*         During each semester we also offer progressive Specialty classes, with each week's instruction building on the prior classes. These classes include:  Belly Dance, MTV Dance, Hip Hop, Meditation, Bootcamp, Ballet, Salsa, BOSU Equilibrium & many more offerings.

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/2012_Spring_Specialty_classes

TRX

*         Check out the latest craze with TRX training. We offer 55min or 30min classes. All levels are welcome!

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/TRX

DANCE WORKSHOPS

*         Join us as we learn to shuffle and shake it with one of our three dance workshops. Experience is not required!

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/danceworkshops

HARVARD SLIM DOWN

*         Start 2012 off right with the Harvard Slim Down(HSD) program. HSD includes activity classes, personal training sessions, nutritional appointments, equipment and so much more! Make 2012 YOUR year!

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/HSD2012

STRENGTH TRAINING ORIENTATIONS

*         Want to learn how to use the machines safely and properly? Register for a Strength Training Orientation at the MAC or Hemenway. Strength Training orientations are 45-minute sessions, during which members are led through a row of circuit machines by a certified personal trainer.

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/strength_trainingorientations

SCUBA & SWIM LESSONS

*         Learn to scuba or swim at the Malkin Athletic Centers. Classes are for beginner, intermediate or experienced. No prior swim experience is necessary!

*         For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/swimprograms

HARVARD ON THE MOVE

 *   The program also offers workshops and lectures highlighting relevant research and practical information.
 *   For the current schedule: www.harvard.edu/onthemove<http://www.harvard.edu/onthemove> or join our list serve by  e-mailing: onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu<mailto:onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu>

TENNIS CLINICS & LESSONS

 *   Come on down to the Murr Center for the Noon or 6:30/7:00pm Tennis Clinics (Mondays and Wednesdays: 7pm start time; Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6:30pm start time)!  *Must bring tennis racquet.
 *   Please contact Mike Mercier at mercier at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:mercier at fas.harvard.edu> to set up a private lesson!
 *   Please visit us on the web for more info on tennis and to join the tennis email list: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/tennis/index

SQUASH CLINICS & LESSONS

*         Come on down to the Murr Center for Tuesday night (7-8:30pm) squash clinics with Mike Way, Head Squash Coach for Harvard University!  Must wear squash shoes and bring squash racquet.

*         For lessons, please contact Assistant Squash Coach Luke Hammond, lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu>.

GOLF LESSONS/SIMULATOR

 *   For questions call the Murr Center Front Desk at (617) 495-3454 or email Casey Blodget, caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>

Kerry Antunes