[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News January 26, 2012
hemtrain at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 26 08:21:49 EST 2012
* Facility hours for the Spring semester are available at http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/hours
Please be sure to check out the schedule for updates for ALL facilities.
* Memberships for the academic year are on sale online and in person. For additional information please contact Kristin LeBel amembers at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:amembers at fas.harvard.edu>.
* To renew your locker at Blodgett, please visit the Murr Center Conditioning Room front desk between 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday, or contact Casey Blodget at caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>.
TEAM FITNESS CHALLENGE 2012
* Get your teams ready because its back! Grab a group of 4-6 people and log your workout minutes every day beginning February 6th-March 9th and see if you can finish on top!
* For more information please visit http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/Team_Fitness_Challenge
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
* The Spring 2012 Group Exercise Schedules will run from January 23rd - May 13th . The schedules can be viewed on our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/schedules
* During each semester we also offer progressive Specialty classes, with each week's instruction building on the prior classes. These classes include: Belly Dance, MTV Dance, Hip Hop, Meditation, Bootcamp, Ballet, Salsa, BOSU Equilibrium & many more offerings. Registration begins January 31st.
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/2012_Spring_Specialty_classes
* Check out the latest craze with TRX training. We offer 55min or 30min classes. All levels are welcome!
* Registration begins Monday January 30th at the Hemenway front desk.
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/TRX
* Join us as we learn to shuffle and shake it with one of our three dance workshops. Experience is not required!
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/danceworkshops
HARVARD SLIM DOWN
* Start 2012 off right with the Harvard Slim Down(HSD) program. HSD includes activity classes, personal training sessions, nutritional appointments, equipment and so much more! Make 2012 YOUR year!
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/HSD2012
* Check out the specialty workshops that we have to offer at Hemenway on Saturdays! http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/Yoga_Workshops
STRENGTH TRAINING ORIENTATIONS
* Want to learn how to use the machines safely and properly? Register for a Strength Training Orientation at the MAC or Hemenway. Strength Training orientations are 45-minute sessions, during which members are led through a row of circuit machines by a certified personal trainer.
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/strength_trainingorientations
SCUBA & SWIM LESSONS
* Learn to scuba or swim at the Malkin Athletic Centers. Classes are for beginner, intermediate or experienced. No prior swim experience is necessary!
* For additional information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/swimprograms
HARVARD ON THE MOVE
* The program also offers workshops and lectures highlighting relevant research and practical information.
* For the current schedule: www.harvard.edu/onthemove<http://www.harvard.edu/onthemove> or join our list serve by e-mailing: onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu<mailto:onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu>
TENNIS CLINICS & LESSONS
* Come on down to the Murr Center for the Noon or 6:30pm Tennis Clinics (Monday - Thursday, year-round)! *Must wear non-marking tennis shoes and bring tennis racquet.
* Please contact Mike Mercier at mercier at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:mercier at fas.harvard.edu> to set up a private lesson!
* Please visit us on the web for more info on tennis and to join the tennis email list: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/tennis/index
SQUASH CLINICS & LESSONS
* Come on down to the Murr Center for Tuesday night (7-8:30pm) squash clinics with Mike Way, Head Squash Coach for Harvard University! Must wear squash shoes and bring squash racquet.
* For lessons, please contact Assistant Squash Coach Luke Hammond, lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu>.
* For questions regarding the golf simulator call the Murr Center Front Desk at (617) 495-3454 or email Casey Blodget, caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>.
* For golf lessons, please email Jim Burke, jrburke at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:jrburke at fas.harvard.edu>.
Assistant Fitness Manager
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Athleticfacilitymembers-list