[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Harvard Recreation News May 10, 2012
hemtrain at fas.harvard.edu
Thu May 10 16:39:23 EDT 2012
Good afternoon everyone!!!!! Here is your recreation news!
* Annual (June 1st - May 31st) and summer (June 1st - August 31st) will become available for purchase starting May 29th. You can purchase online or in person in our office in the Murr Center. Please visit http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/membership/undergraduate to purchase TODAY!
* Alumni must go in person to purchase their membership at the Murr Center. Any graduate student or long-term service employee who is given the recreational membership for free but wants to add a family membership/add-on services, also must come in person to the office.
LOCKER RENTAL INFORMATION
* Lockers expire on June 30th.
* Locker renewals for current locker owners will begin on July 9th at 1pm for the upcoming academic year.
* New locker rentals will go on sale September 3rd for the upcoming academic year.
* Lockers are $100 for the academic year. Lockers will NOT be sold just for the summer.
* Please contact Matt Siegel for additional information: macinfo at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:macinfo at fas.harvard.edu>.
* Lockers expire on May 31, 2012.
* You can renew now for $100 for the full year (no summer only lockers).
* Please contact Casey Blodget for additional information: caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>.
* Summer hours are NOW available for all facilities. Summer hours will begin following Memorial Day. Please visit the website for commencement closings, summer hours & holiday closings - http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/hours.
* UPCOMING CHANGES - Blodgett Pool hour changes:
o May 18th 9am-2:15pm
o May 19 & 20 CLOSED
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
* The Spring 2012 Group Exercise Schedules ends May 13th. The reduced spring schedule will begin on Monday May 14th & run through June 22nd. The schedules can be viewed on our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/schedules
* TRUMBA! Now you can view all Recreation Events in one place! Check out our new online calendar at http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/calendar where you can view fitness classes, specialty classes, special events & more! This user friendly calendar powered by Trumba provides many exciting features. You can add events directly to the calendar of your choice, schedule an email or text alert, invite friends to attend and sign up for event notification changes. Stay up to date with current offerings by signing up for the daily digest email. Events can be filtered and viewed by location, instructor, class type, time, date and more.
AROUND THE CHARLES IN 26 DAYS
* Save the date for a brand new complimentary fitness competition coming this July!
* Objective: It takes 17 miles to complete a lap around the Charles River Esplanade - participate in 17 supervised workouts between July 9th-August 10th at Hemenway Gymnasium & the Malkin Athletic Center to complete 1 lap around the Charles River.
* Register between June 18th-July 6th. Registration forms will be available in group exercise classes and online. For official rules please see our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/charles26
* STOCK UP NOW! Personal training rates will be going up July 1st so grab those sessions now!
HARVARD ON THE MOVE
* Sponsors weekly walks and runs for both beginners and experienced runners and walkers.
* For the current schedule: www.harvard.edu/onthemove<http://www.harvard.edu/onthemove> or join our list serve by e-mailing: onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu<mailto:onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu>
TENNIS CLINICS & LESSONS
* Murr Center Tennis Clinics (Mon-Thurs) Noon or 6:30pm; non-marking shoes & racquets required.
* Please contact Mike Mercier at mercier at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:mercier at fas.harvard.edu> to set up a private lesson!
* Please visit us on the web for more info on tennis and to join the tennis email list: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/tennis/index
* Weld Boathouse is now open for recreational rowing, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm! The seasons and prices for membership can be found online: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/activities/rowing/index.
* Memberships are sold out of the Murr Center Fitness Room: valid swim tests are required. Rowing instruction is also available, please contact Dan Boyne (boyne at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:boyne at fas.harvard.edu>) for more information.
SQUASH CLINICS & LESSONS
* Come on down to the Murr Center for Tuesday night (7-8:30pm) squash clinics with Mike Way, Head Squash Coach for Harvard University! Must wear squash shoes and bring squash racquet.
* For lessons, please contact Assistant Squash Coach Luke Hammond, lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:lukehammond at fas.harvard.edu>.
FRESH POND GOLF PROGRAM
* Attention all Harvard students! You are eligible for free rounds of golf at Fresh Pond Golf Course!
* Please see the online page for more information: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/Fresh_Pond_Golf
* For questions regarding the golf simulator call the Murr Center Front Desk at (617) 495-3454 or email Casey Blodget, caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:caseyblodget at fas.harvard.edu>.
* For golf lessons, please email Jim Burke, jrburke at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:jrburke at fas.harvard.edu>.
Assistant Fitness Manager
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Athleticfacilitymembers-list