[gov3009-l] Applied Statistics 11/30/2016 - Christopher Rycroft

Ban, Pamela pban at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 28 11:21:25 EST 2016

Hi all,

This week at the Applied Statistics workshop we will be welcoming Christopher Rycroft, an Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics at Harvard University.  He will be presenting work entitled "High-throughput screening of crystalline porous materials."  Please find the abstract below and on the website.

We will meet in CGIS Knafel Room 354 at noon and lunch will be provided.

Best,
Pam

Title: High-throughput screening of crystalline porous materials

Abstract: Crystalline porous materials, such as zeolites, contain complex networks of void channels that are exploited in many industrial applications, such as for carbon dioxide capture and storage. This talk will develop some geometry-based methods for statistically screening large databases of porous materials, to select candidates that are optimal for a given application.