[HWSD] HWSD March update # 2

Steph Morawski morawski at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 7 21:24:15 EST 2005

Women's Swimming and Diving
March 7, 2005

Congratulations to the Harvard Men's Swimming and Diving Team on their EISL
victory!  It is a great feeling to have both teams bring home Ivy Titles in
the year of our 75th Anniversary Celebration.

NCAAs
Noelle Bassi and Jackie Pangilinan did make the NCAA meet.  We leave next
Tuesday for Purdue University.  Noelle will swim the 500 free and 200 fly
and Jackie will compete in both breaststroke events.

Sam Papadakis is heading to Annapolis this weekend to compete in the Zone
Diving meet.  If she finishes in the top two positions, she will earn a
spot to NCAAs and accompany the swimmers to Purdue.

NEW TEAM RECORD
Molly Ward swam a time trial in the 50 free between sessions of the men's
championship meet and set the school record with a 23.34.  She broke the
23.42 mark that she and Linda (Suhs) Cleveland shared.

ON TELEVISION
College Sports TV filmed the Women's Ivy Championship meet.  If you get
CSTV, tune in on one of the remaining times to watch the events from
Saturday's finals and recaps of the earlier events.
March 9 at 12 pm
March 10 at 2 am
March 14 at 2 pm
March 15 at 2:30 am

The Men's EISL Championship meet will be broadcast on Comcast.

DONATIONS TO THE FRIENDS OF HARVARD SWIMMING AND DIVING
I have received several e-mails asking how people can donate to our
programs.  One of the easiest ways is to go on line to www.gocrimson.com
and click on "Make a Gift".  Contributions are tax deductible.