[gov3009-l] No applied statistics this week

Matt Blackwell mblackwell at iq.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 22 10:34:16 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm sorry to let you know that we won't be having Applied Statistics
this week due to speaker illness. We will, however, be back and ready
for action next Wednesday, 3/2, when we have Jean-Baptiste Michel and
Erez Lieberman Aiden presenting their exciting recent paper in
Science, "Quantitative Analysis of Culture Using Millions of Digitized
Books." If you haven't seen this work, you can take a look at their
website for culturomics to learn more:

http://www.culturomics.org/

Be sure to check out the Google Ngram Viewer, which is based on their work:

http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/

Cheers,
matt.

Matthew Blackwell
PhD Candidate
Institute for Quantitative Social Science
Department of Government
Harvard University
url: http://people.fas.harvard.edu/~blackwel/