[gov3009-l] Applied Statistics Workshop: "Empirical Social Science at Disney Research" on Wednesday, Nov. 2

Konstantin Kashin kkashin at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 31 01:22:49 EDT 2011

Dear all,

Please join us for the Applied Statistics Workshop (Gov 3009) this
Wednesday, November 2 from 12.00 - 1.30 pm in CGIS Knafel Room 354. Amber
Brown, Senior Research Scientist at Disney Research, and Joe Marks, Vice
President and Fellow of Disney Research, will give a talk entitled
"Empirical Social Science at Disney Research". As always, a light lunch
will be provided.

The abstract for the presentation is:

*At Disney Research we mostly work on technologies that are relevant to our
various businesses: computer graphics, computer vision, robotics,
human-computer interaction, materials, displays, etc.  But we also have
projects in the social sciences, with a heavy emphasis on rigorous
empirical testing.  We will describe four recent projects:*

   - *Novel pay-what-you-want pricing mechanisms.*
   - *Load balancing of park guests via pushed incentives on mobile devices.
   *
   - *Guest participation in environmental programs.*
   - *Introduction of a cinema culture to the developing world.*

http://www.iq.harvard.edu/events/node/1208.

Ph.D. Student in Government

E-mail: kkashin at fas.harvard.edu
Site: http://people.fas.harvard.edu/~kkashin/