[gov3009-l] Applied Statistics Workshop: Alan Zaslavsky on Wed., January 25

Konstantin Kashin kkashin at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 23 00:17:40 EST 2012

Dear all,

Please join us for the first Applied Statistics Workshop (Gov 3009) of the
semester this Wednesday, January 25 from 12.00 - 1.30 pm in CGIS Knafel
Room 354. Alan Zaslavsky, a professor of health care policy in the
Department of Health Care Policy at Harvard Medical School, will give a
presentation entitled "The Consumer Assessments of Healthcare Providers and
Systems (CAHPS) Survey for Medicare: A Review and New Findings from a Mode
Experiment". As always, a light lunch will be provided.

Abstract:

*We assess health care quality and access in the Medicare system to inform
consumer choice, foster quality improvement, monitor health plan quality,
and reward high-performing plans. The CAHPS survey has since 1997 been one
of the main tools for this assessment. In this talk, I will review some of
the more interesting analyses of system quality made possible by using the
CAHPS survey and some of the challenging issues in system monitoring over
coming years. I will then describe our analyses of an experiment on the
effects of survey mode on CAHPS responses, using a principal stratification
framework.*

http://www.iq.harvard.edu/events/node/1208.

Ph.D. Student in Government

E-mail: kkashin at fas.harvard.edu