[gov3009-l] Applied Statistics Workshop: Tristan Zajonc on Wed., Jan. 30

Konstantin Kashin kkashin at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 28 02:28:21 EST 2013

Dear all,

Welcome back! We're happy to continue the Applied Statistics Workshop (Gov
3009) in 2013!

Please join us for the first session of the semester this Wednesday,
January 30 from 12.00 - 1.30 pm in CGIS Knafel Room 354. Tristan Zajonc,
Visiting Fellow at IQSS, will give a presentation entitled "Sense - A Fully
Bayesian Data Analysis Environment for the Cloud Era". As always, a light
lunch will be provided.

Abstract:

> Over the last 20 years, probabilistic modeling has become the preeminent
> paradigm for complex statistical analysis in science and social science.
> Yet many probabilistic models remain difficult to represent, compose,
> estimate, and validate using traditional tools. This talk introduces Sense,
> a new data analysis environment that embeds probabilistic modeling into the
> core experience. The talk will demonstrate the power of this approach
> through a whirlwind tour of probabilistic model representation,
> composition, estimation, and validation. The talk will be targeted at both
> applied researchers in the sciences and social sciences and those
> interested in the future of statistical computing.

http://events.iq.harvard.edu/events/node/1208.

Ph.D. Candidate in Government

E-mail: kkashin at fas.harvard.edu