[Athleticfacilitymembers-list] Recreation News
hemfit at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 22 14:24:19 EDT 2011
* Fall 2011 facility hours will begin on Thursday, August 25th: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/recreation/hours
* Members, in order to accommodate the varsity water polo program, the MAC Pool will be open from 7:30am-5:30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays starting the week of August 29. To compensate for opening later than usual, we hope that the extra half-hour at the end of the day will give members the opportunity to have an afternoon or after work swim. We understand this is a vast change from the operating hours for many years, and we hope that the change will be met with patience and understanding. Please contact Justin at justinwright at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:justinwright at fas.harvard.edu> for all pool related inquiries.
* Varsity Water Polo Schedule this week at Blodgett Pool:
Monday 8/22: 2:30pm-5
Tuesday 8/23: 2:30pm-5
Friday 8/26: 2pm-5
Monday 8/29: 6pm-8:30
Memberships for the academic year and fall semester are now on sale online and in person. For additional information please contact Kristin at dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu>.
Help us improve the member experience by completing this brief survey. Please send your responses to Kristin at dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu>.
1. Did you purchase your membership online or in person in the Murr Center?
2. Did you experience any problems when you purchased your membership?
3. What improvements would you suggest to the online system or the in
person purchase system?
4. Are you interested in meeting with some members of the recreation
staff for 30 minutes to give feedback? You will be given a free recreation t-shirt for your time. If interested, please contact Kristin at dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:dha-tix at fas.harvard.edu>.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
The Fall 2011 Group Exercise Schedules will run from August 29th-December 4th. Classes will not be held September 3rd-5th. The schedules can be viewed on our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/schedules
FALL 2011 SPECIALTY CLASSES
Fall classes will run at the Malkin Athletic Center and Hemenway Gymnasium between Sunday, October 2nd-December 4th. Registration is LIVE on our website between Monday, September 12th-Wednesday, September 28th. Join in the fun with these exciting & educational programs! Class offerings include Bollywood Dance, Belly Dance, Hip Hop, Operation Strappy Dress, Ballroom, Pilates, Nia, Meditation, Latin Dance & more! Course meeting times & descriptions are online: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/specialty_classes
GROUP EXERCISE TRIATHLON
The Fall 2011 Group Exercise Triathlon will run October 3rd-December 4th 2011.
Registration is September 12th-28th in person or online.
Objective: Complete 34 checkpoints (classes), across 3 group exercise categories in 9 weeks to finish the race. This is an individual event; no team required!
* Everyone who finishes will receive a T-shirt.
* The top 5 finishers (those who complete the highest number of classes) will win an additional prize.
Between the dates of October 3rd-December 4th, attend as many group exercise classes in 3 categories as you can. Minimum of 34 classes, with a designated number in each category, are required to finish the race. Your designated number of classes will be broken into 4 principal requirements plus electives to reach the total required number.
Additional information is available on our website: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/GXTriathlon
STRENGTH TRAINING ORIENTATIONS & CLINICS
Looking for an efficient workout? Want to learn how to use the machines safely and properly? Register for a Strength Training Orientation at the MAC or Hemenway. Strength Training orientations are 45-minute sessions, during which members are led through a row of circuit machines by a certified personal trainer.
* Cost: $5/ participant (fee MUST be collected at the respective gym's front desk at the time of sign up; all participants are required to have gym memberships). For additional information please go to: http://recreation.gocrimson.com/fitness/strength_trainingorientations
Upcoming Basic STOs:
Friday, September 9th 12:15-1:00pm @ HEMENWAY GYMNASIUM
Wednesday, September 21st 5:15-6:00pm @ THE MALKIN ATHLETIC CENTER
Monday, October 3rd 5:15-6:00pm @ HEMENWAY GYMNASIUM
Wednesday, October 12th 12:15-1:10pm @ THE MALKIN ATHLETIC CENTER
Wednesday, November 2nd 5:15-6:00pm @ HEMENWAY GYMNASIUM
**Please contact Mike Doyle with any questions regarding STOs: hempt at fas.harvard.edu
SAVE THE DATE FOR FALL PROGRAMS
ZUMBA PINK PARTY Tuesday, October 18th 5:30-6:55pm http://recreation.gocrimson.com/Zumbapink
Pilates for Pink Thursday, October 20th 5:00-5:55pm http://recreation.gocrimson.com/P4P
Flash Mob Dance Workshop Tuesday, September 27th http://recreation.gocrimson.com/programs/danceworkshops
HARVARD ON THE MOVE
Harvard On The Move is a University-wide initiative that promotes physical and psychological wellness for students, faculty, staff and alumni, as well as our neighbors in Cambridge and Boston. The program sponsors weekly walks and runs, in addition to workshops and lectures highlighting cutting-edge research and practical information. Meet new people, get some fresh air and exercise! Join us today!
For the current schedule: www.harvard.edu/onthemove<http://www.harvard.edu/onthemove> or join our list serve by e-mailing: onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu<mailto:onthemove-list-join at lists.fas.harvard.edu>
Fitness Program Manager
Harvard University Recreation
Office line: (617) 495-3435
Fax: (617) 496-8665
Join the Recreation Newsletter to stay up to date with Harvard Recreation. http://lists.fas.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/athleticfacilitymembers-list
Become a fan of Harvard Recreation on Facebook
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Athleticfacilitymembers-list